First prayers answered. Twenty-four hours after the application of the herbicide, both strengths of herbicide had had an impact with no visible differences. Both caused lack swallow-wort and bittersweet to wilt at the top. Both wilted grape wines, poison ivy, broad-leaved dock, knotweed, but not grasses. So much for the statement on the label that the herbicide was non-specific.
I could not resist pulling more bittersweet. In the western part of the meadow near the row of evergreens, I pulled long, tough stems that had been flattened by the mowing in early June. In the area over the septic field, I pulled small amounts of bittersweet where it came so close to B. Trefoil that spraying bittersweet could harm Trefoil.